Job 23:12 Neither have I gone back from the commandment of his lips; I have esteemed the words of his mouth more than my necessary food.

Monday, September 19, 2011

looking for that blessed hope

Bible Reading: Titus 2
Titus 2:13-14 Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ; 14 Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.

Christians are to live looking for 'that blessed hope'. What is that? What is that blessed hope we are to live looking forward to? It is the glorious appearing of the Lord Jesus Christ and the accompanying change that will come with his appearing.

Jesus established this hope among the twelve as he shared that last Passover meal with them:

John 14:1-3 Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me. 2 In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. 3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

We hope for and look forward to the Lord's return. He promised and he will do it. When he does, our bodies will be changed:

1 Corinthians 15:51-52 Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, 52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.

Now that is something to look forward to. This is the blessed hope of the believer. Those who do not believe in Jesus have no hope. We however, hope daily for the Lord's return. And so we live hoping and praying with John:

Revelation 22:20 He which testifieth these things saith, Surely I come quickly. Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus.

In Christ,
Rody