Job 23:12 Neither have I gone back from the commandment of his lips; I have esteemed the words of his mouth more than my necessary food.

Monday, August 15, 2011

Before Abraham was

Bible Reading: John 8
John 8:58 Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.

Jesus was talking with the Pharisees and scribes. They accused him of having a devil John 8:48.

John 8:52 Then said the Jews unto him, Now we know that thou hast a devil. Abraham is dead, and the prophets; and thou sayest, If a man keep my saying, he shall never taste of death.

When they brought up Abraham, Jesus said that Abraham rejoiced to see his day John 8:56and was glad! This brought jeers from the crowd and they declared that Jesus was under fifty years old and there was no way he could have seen Abraham. In essence they were saying that Abraham knew nothing of Jesus and could not have 'seen his day'. Then Jesus made this wonderful declaration - before Abraham was I am!

What was he saying? He was saying that before Abraham was even born, Jesus existed. Not only that, but he was using the name of God as his own! Remember how God revealed himself to Moses?

Exodus 3:13-14 And Moses said unto God, Behold, when I come unto the children of Israel, and shall say unto them, The God of your fathers hath sent me unto you; and they shall say to me, What is his name? what shall I say unto them? 14 And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you.

Jesus declared that he was God. Do you believe this? Do you believe that Jesus is God? You must if you believe on him. the Word declares it over and over.

John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

Colossians 1:15-16 Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature: 16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him

Jesus is the revelation of God to us. He is the Creator. He is the Redeemer. He loves us and we can know him! Make no mistake, Jesus claimed to be God.

In Christ,
Rody