Job 23:12 Neither have I gone back from the commandment of his lips; I have esteemed the words of his mouth more than my necessary food.

Friday, September 24, 2010

The Trinity

Bible Reading: 2 Samuel 20; 2 Corinthians 13; Ezekiel 27; Psalms 75 & 76

2 Corinthians 13:14 The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Ghost, be with you all. Amen.

The blessing that the apostle Paul gives to the Corinthian believers is one of the reasons that we believe that God is a Triune God. We do not worship three gods – that is pantheism. We worship one God who exists in three persons and has revealed himself to us in his Word as such. Here we see the blessing coming from our one God with three distinct personages.

The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ – when God revealed himself to Moses he said:

Exodus 3:13-14 And Moses said unto God, Behold, when I come unto the children of Israel, and shall say unto them, The God of your fathers hath sent me unto you; and they shall say to me, What is his name? what shall I say unto them? And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you.

Jesus said:

John 8:58-59 Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am. Then took they up stones to cast at him: but Jesus hid himself, and went out of the temple, going through the midst of them, and so passed by.

Jesus used the name of God when he said, “I Am.” The Jews did not miss this and picked up stones to kill him for blasphemy. May the GRACE of the Lord Jesus Christ be with you!

The love of God the Father - Deuteronomy 6:4 Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD.

1 John 4:8b God is love.

May the love of God be with you.

The communion of the Holy Ghost – The Holy Ghost is not a ‘force’, he is a person and he is God!

Acts 5:1-4 But a certain man named Ananias, with Sapphira his wife, sold a possession, And kept back part of the price, his wife also being privy to it, and brought a certain part, and laid it at the apostles' feet. But Peter said, Ananias, why hath Satan filled thine heart to lie to the Holy Ghost, and to keep back part of the price of the land? Whiles it remained, was it not thine own? and after it was sold, was it not in thine own power? why hast thou conceived this thing in thine heart? thou hast not lied unto men, but unto God.

When Peter confronted Ananias, he first said he had lied to the Holy Ghost and then he said that he had lied to God. We can see that the Holy Ghost is God.

May the communion of the Holy Ghost be with you!

In Christ,

Rody