Job 23:12 Neither have I gone back from the commandment of his lips; I have esteemed the words of his mouth more than my necessary food.

Saturday, September 25, 2010

Separated from my mother's womb

Bible Reading: 2 Samuel 21; Galatians 1; Ezekiel 28; Psalm 77

Galatians 1:15-16 But when it pleased God, who separated me from my mother's womb, and called me by his grace, To reveal his Son in me, that I might preach him among the heathen; immediately I conferred not with flesh and blood.

God had plans for Paul before he was born. Even during his time of religious persecution, God was working to bring Paul to a place of repentance. He was far away from God’s perfect plan for his life, but God’s grace is amazing and when he was headed to Damascus, Jesus blinded Paul and revealed himself to him. This was the grace of God to Paul and he was called to follow Jesus on that road. Paul was like others that God has a plan for from before their birth.

Jeremiah 1:5 Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations.

John the Baptist was also separated early by God for his mission of preparing the way for the Messiah. In God’s amazing plan, he actually has a plan for every man. However, the only way we will discover that plan is to believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and be saved. When we are saved, the Bible tells us:

Romans 12:1-2 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service. And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

Proving that good, acceptable and perfect will of God for you comes when you present your body a living sacrifice. When you give yourself to God and say, “I completely trust you and believe that your way is the right way for me,” you will walk in the path that God has for you.

Ephesians 2:10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

God has good works for us to do. We must surrender to him and discover his plan for our lives in order to walk in them. Isn’t it wonderful to know that God knew you before you were born and our Loving Heavenly Father has a plan for your life? Walk with him in it!

In Christ,

Rody