Job 23:12 Neither have I gone back from the commandment of his lips; I have esteemed the words of his mouth more than my necessary food.

Sunday, September 26, 2010

Crucified with Christ

Bible Reading: 2 Samuel 22; Galatians 2; Ezekiel 29; Psalm 78:1-37

Galatians 2:20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

Something happened to you when Jesus died on the cross if you are in Him. Paul says that he is crucified ‘with Christ’. Yet, he was not dead when he wrote this…was he? Yes, he was! You are too if you are a believer in Jesus Christ.

You are dead to sin: Romans 6:2 God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?

You are dead to the law: Romans 7:4 Wherefore, my brethren, ye also are become dead to the law by the body of Christ; that ye should be married to another, even to him who is raised from the dead, that we should bring forth fruit unto God.

The old man that Paul used to be was crucified with Christ. That man who was alive to sin and the law was now dead. Now the new life that he had been given was the motivating factor of his life. Even though he was dead, he still lived. Christ was now living his life in Paul. Is Christ living in you? How do you live this ‘Christ life”?

According to the Bible you live it by the faith of the Son of God who loves you and gave himself for you! You believe this incredible truth! Jesus Christ loves you and he gave himself for you! If you will walk in him the same way you received him, you will experience Christ living in you!

Colossians 2:6 As ye have therefore received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk ye in him.

The old man is dead and you are now a new creature in Christ. Walk in that new life each day by the faith of Jesus!

In Christ,

Rody