Job 23:12 Neither have I gone back from the commandment of his lips; I have esteemed the words of his mouth more than my necessary food.

Friday, July 16, 2010

If he had not been born

Bible Reading: Joshua 23; Acts 3; Jeremiah 12; Matthew 26

Matthew 26:24 The Son of man goeth as it is written of him: but woe unto that man by whom the Son of man is betrayed! it had been good for that man if he had not been born.

None of Jesus' disciples knew who the traitor was! Isn't that amazing? Doesn't it seem that after three years of intense ministry they would have a pretty good idea who the pretender was? So they were all asking Jesus who was going to betray him. Jesus pointed out that his betrayal and crucifixion were written of him. In other words, hundreds of years earlier the prophets had foretold what would happen.

Psalms 41:9 Yea, mine own familiar friend, in whom I trusted, which did eat of my bread, hath lifted up his heel against me.

Psalms 22:14-17 I am poured out like water, and all my bones are out of joint: my heart is like wax; it is melted in the midst of my bowels. My strength is dried up like a potsherd; and my tongue cleaveth to my jaws; and thou hast brought me into the dust of death. For dogs have compassed me: the assembly of the wicked have inclosed me: they pierced my hands and my feet. I may tell all my bones: they look and stare upon me.

Jesus was not surprised when Judas betrayed him. He knew it would happen, but his pronouncement of woe is devastating! It had been good for that man if he had not been born! There were both temporal and eternal consequences. For those who do not believe in hell, just think about what Jesus said. To never have existed would be much better than eternal hell. Here is what the Bible says about Judas:

Psalms 109:7-15 When he shall be judged, let him be condemned: and let his prayer become sin. Let his days be few; and let another take his office. Let his children be fatherless, and his wife a widow. Let his children be continually vagabonds, and beg: let them seek their bread also out of their desolate places. Let the extortioner catch all that he hath; and let the strangers spoil his labour. Let there be none to extend mercy unto him: neither let there be any to favour his fatherless children. Let his posterity be cut off; and in the generation following let their name be blotted out. Let the iniquity of his fathers be remembered with the LORD; and let not the sin of his mother be blotted out. Let them be before the LORD continually, that he may cut off the memory of them from the earth.

Psalms 55:15 Let death seize upon them, and let them go down quick into hell: for wickedness is in their dwellings, and among them.

Jesus knew what awaited Judas. How terrible! You need to trust in Jesus because if you are reading this, you have been born! Trust him and be saved!

In Christ,

Rody