Job 23:12 Neither have I gone back from the commandment of his lips; I have esteemed the words of his mouth more than my necessary food.

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Rejoice in the Lord

Bible Reading: Psalms 95, 97, 98, & 99

Psalms 97:12 Rejoice in the Lord, ye righteous; and give thanks at the remembrance of his holiness.

Are you rejoicing right now? For the righteous, we have much to rejoice about. Here the Psalmist says to rejoice in the Lord. We may not have the right circumstances in our lives right now (right in our own eyes, that is), but we can always rejoice in the Lord. He is good!

First, the Psalmist says for the righteous to rejoice in the Lord. Are you righteous? You are if you believe in Jesus Christ alone for salvation.

Romans 4:5 But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.

What a cause for rejoicing! the fact that Jesus Christ counts us righteous when we believe on him! Wow! I am saved from the condemnation that my sins deserve! I can always rejoice in the Lord for that.

Not only that, but every time I think of the holiness of the Lord Jesus Christ, I can be thankful. I am called to be holy, but I am not. I still sin. I am not always perfectly holy...but Jesus is!

1 John 3:5 And ye know that he was manifested to take away our sins; and in him is no sin.

There is no sin in Jesus. He is perfectly holy. When I think of this, I can be thankful. His holiness makes him a sinless sacrifice. He is the lamb of God without spot or blemish that takes away the sin of the world!

1 Peter 2:22-24 Who did no sin, neither was guile found in his mouth: 23 Who, when he was reviled, reviled not again; when he suffered, he threatened not; but committed himself to him that judgeth righteously: 24 Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.

He bore our sins in his body! He is holy and we can be thankful and rejoice in the salvation that we have in him! Praise the Lord and thank you Jesus!

Philippians 4:4 Rejoice in the Lord alway: and again I say, Rejoice.

In Christ,
Rody