Job 23:12 Neither have I gone back from the commandment of his lips; I have esteemed the words of his mouth more than my necessary food.

Friday, May 18, 2012

I am poor and needy

Bible Reading: Psalms 26, 40, 58, 61, 62 & 64

Psalms 40:17 But I am poor and needy; yet the Lord thinketh upon me:
thou art my help and my deliverer; make no tarrying, O my God.


Only desperate people pray. People who have all they need don't ask God. People who think they have the answers don't seek God. People who think they can make their own way don't ask God for guidance. People who think what they have came by their own work or intelligence aren't grateful for God's gifts.

But the Psalmist knew that he was poor and needy. He knew that he needed God in his life. Do you know this?

The comfort for us is that God thinks upon us. Can you believe that? The Creator and Redeemer thinks about you! He not only knows what you need:

Matthew 6:8b for your Father knoweth what things ye have need of, before ye ask him.

but he also can do above all that we can ask or even think:

Ephesians 3:20 Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us,

Where does our help come from? It comes from God. He is our deliverer and our help. He thinks upon us. He loves us. For David, he wanted God's help and he asked for it quickly. Do you ask God for his help? He has invited us to come into his throne room and ask the King for help in our time of need.

Hebrews 4:16 Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.

Are you poor and needy? Jesus says:

Matthew 5:3 Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

In Christ,
Rody