Job 23:12 Neither have I gone back from the commandment of his lips; I have esteemed the words of his mouth more than my necessary food.

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Lead me in thy truth

Bible Reading: Psalms 25; 29; 33; 36 & 39

Psalms 25:5 Lead me in thy truth, and teach me: for thou art the God of my salvation; on thee do I wait all the day.

Psalm 25 is a prayer. David is asking for God's leadership in his life. He specifically asks for God's leadership in God's truth. Do you live a life led by God? The Bible says this is what the Holy Spirit does in the lives of the children of God.

Romans 8:14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.

Because God has saved you through faith in Jesus Christ, he wants to lead you and teach you. He is the truth!

John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Do you wait for God's leadership? Do you walk in God's ways? What does this look like?

It looks like a person who knows they are saved by God's grace and is seeking him constantly. We are given a wonderful gift in the Bible and when we prayerfully open the pages of God's Word and listen, God speaks. He gives us wisdom and leadership. He teaches us truth because God the Holy Spirit lives in us.

Before we make decisions, we should pray. We should seek the mind of Christ when making decisions. Our heavenly father is good. He always leads us in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.

Let us wait patiently for him!


In Christ,
Rody