Job 23:12 Neither have I gone back from the commandment of his lips; I have esteemed the words of his mouth more than my necessary food.

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Unto them that asked not after me

Bible Reading: Romans 10

Romans 10:19-21 But I say, Did not Israel know? First Moses saith, I will provoke you to jealousy by them that are no people, and by a foolish nation I will anger you. But Esaias is very bold, and saith, I was found of them that sought me not; I was made manifest unto them that asked not after me. But to Israel he saith, All day long I have stretched forth my hands unto a disobedient and gainsaying people.

Israel provoked God to jealousy by sacrificing to other gods and worshipping devils.

Deuteronomy 32:16-17 They provoked him to jealousy with strange gods, with abominations provoked they him to anger. They sacrificed unto devils, not to God; to gods whom they knew not, to new gods that came newly up, whom your fathers feared not.

God then promised to provoke Israel to jealousy by them that are no people and by a foolish nation. These are the Gentiles. Those people who were not born Israelites and did not attach themselves to Israel are called the Gentiles or the nations. The gospel went beyond Israel and the Gentiles heard the message of Christ and believed. Unfortunately, many Israelites rejected their Messiah. However, God is not through with Israel.

Do you live a Christ following life in such a way that an Israelite would be jealous of the relationship you have with the Father? Many within Israel are disobedient and gainsaying toward God and his Word. Do you honor the Father by being obedient and compliant with him? He wants others to see the walk with God that you have. An Israelite who does not believe in Jesus cannot please God. But you can if you walk by faith in the righteousness of Jesus Christ. Do others want what you have? Is there anything about you that is different than the world around you?

These are very important questions because the Bible says:

2 Corinthians 5:17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

God wants for us who have trusted in Christ out of the Gentile nations to live with a circumcised heart. He wants for religious but lost people to look at us and realize that we actually know God and walk with him like Enoch did. You can have that kind of relationship with the Father. It comes when you trust the Son of God and receive him into your life.

In Christ,

Rody