Job 23:12 Neither have I gone back from the commandment of his lips; I have esteemed the words of his mouth more than my necessary food.

Monday, August 23, 2010

My times are in thy hand

Bible Reading: 1 Samuel 15; Romans 13; Jeremiah 52; Psalm 31

Psalms 31:14-15 But I trusted in thee, O LORD: I said, Thou art my God. My times are in thy hand: deliver me from the hand of mine enemies, and from them that persecute me.

To trust in the Lord is to believe that the LORD – Jehovah is God. He is the Creator and the Sustainer of life. He is in control. He is also the Redeemer who paid the price for the ransom of our souls.

Psalms 31:5 Into thine hand I commit my spirit: thou hast redeemed me, O LORD God of truth.

When difficult times came to David, he prayed to God. Thankfully many of these prayers are inspired by God and are Holy Scripture for us. As we follow the example of David, we can pray to God when life is overwhelming. When enemies come against us, we can prayerfully entreat God for his help in our time of need.

Do you have the kind of confidence in God that David had? Have you committed your spirit into the hands of your loving Creator and Redeemer? Do you realize that he is holding you life in the palm of his hand? To say with David that your times are in his hand means that you trust him completely with what comes your way in life! He will not suffer you to be tempted beyond what you can handle!

1 Corinthians 10:13 There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.

When you know that your times are in his hand you know that he is holding you and no one can snatch you out of his hand!

Jesus said: John 10:29 My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.

You can rest sure that when you trust in Jesus, he is holding you.

Romans 8:38-39 For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Even when the world seems out of control, when you trust in Jesus, your times are in his hands! He has very strong hands!

In Christ,

Rody