Job 23:12 Neither have I gone back from the commandment of his lips; I have esteemed the words of his mouth more than my necessary food.

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Ye have need of patience

Bible Reading: Hebrews 10
Hebrews 10:36-37 For ye have need of patience, that, after ye have done the will of God, ye might receive the promise. 37 For yet a little while, and he that shall come will come, and will not tarry.

We have hope for the future who trust in Jesus Christ. We have promises in the Word that apply here and now.

John 5:24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.

The promise of having everlasting life is both a here and now promise and a future promise. Some of the promises are future.

John 14:2-3 In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. 3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

We need patience to wait for the future promises. In the mean time we are to do the will of God. We live for Christ now waiting for his return. The great trap of the devil is to get a Christian to grow weary waiting for the return of Jesus and to live for this world only.

How do we keep our focus in the right place?

Colossians 3:1-4 If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God. 2 Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth. 3 For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God. 4 When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory.

We need to keep our eyes on Jesus so we can remember that we are to be about the Father's business until Jesus returns!

In Christ,
Rody