Job 23:12 Neither have I gone back from the commandment of his lips; I have esteemed the words of his mouth more than my necessary food.

Friday, December 24, 2010

He that loveth me shall be loved of my Father

Bible Reading: 2 Chronicles 29; Revelation 15; Zechariah 11; John 14

John 14:21 He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.

The commandments of Jesus are recorded in the Bible, the Word of God. To have the commandments of Jesus and keep them means that you are obedient to what Jesus says. This is a part of the mission of the church – to teach all the commandments of Jesus.

Matthew 28:19-20 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

We cannot say that we love Jesus unless we obey his commandments. For many in our day, this makes no sense. They have bought into a syrupy kind of love for Jesus that is nothing more than sentimentalism. They say they love Jesus, but they deny his word constantly. Jesus says we must obey him.

1 John 5:3 For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous.

Something grievous is a great burden that you have to bear. This is not the case with the commandments of Jesus. If we love Jesus we will gladly obey his Word. Just like David we will say:

Psalms 119:127 Therefore I love thy commandments above gold; yea, above fine gold.

When we know Jesus and love him, we will be loved of the Father. Since Jesus and the Father are one and there is no other way to the Father than through the Son, when you know Jesus, you know God. It is the one who knows and loves Jesus who will truly understand Jesus. He promises to manifest himself to us. Does that mean we will see him physically? Yes, some day, but now it means that the Holy Spirit will be a reality in our everyday life. The manifestation of the Son in the life of a believer is the fruit of the Holy Spirit!

Let’s analyze our love for Jesus and be serious about his Word. It is important.

In Christ,

Rody