Job 23:12 Neither have I gone back from the commandment of his lips; I have esteemed the words of his mouth more than my necessary food.

Thursday, March 22, 2012

He is the Rock

Bible Reading: Deuteronomy 32-34; Psalm 91

Deuteronomy 32:4 He is the Rock, his work is perfect: for all his ways are judgment: a God of truth and without iniquity, just and right is he.

A Rock is our God. He is stable. He is unmovable. He is anchored. He is situated. A Rock is a foundation and a place of security. In desert land, a Rock is a place of security and shade from the heat of the sun. A Rock is a place from which to see sights which cannot be seen in the valley. A Rock is place of high ground for defense against the onslaught of the enemy.

Psalms 18:2 The Lord is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower.

God's work is perfect. He is a Master Craftsman. When you look at the work of a Master, you admire it and wonder, "How did they do such exquisite work?" The Bible tells us that God has a new creation in Christ. If you are born again, the Bible says:

Ephesians 2:10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

He created us anew in Christ and he has good works for us to do.

All his ways are judgment. He is truth. He is without iniquity. He is just and he is right. God always does what is right. No one else can ever make such a claim. Men sin, God does not. Men make mistakes, God does not.

Let's give him praise today because of his truth and righteousness. And let's give him thanks because of his grace and love. His name is Jesus!


In Christ,
Rody