Job 23:12 Neither have I gone back from the commandment of his lips; I have esteemed the words of his mouth more than my necessary food.

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Ashamed of me and of my words

Bible Reading: Mark 8

Mark 8:38 Whosoever therefore shall be ashamed of me and of my words in this adulterous and sinful generation; of him also shall the Son of man be ashamed, when he cometh in the glory of his Father with the holy angels.

How could anyone be ashamed of Jesus and his words? Well, it can happen. Have you ever thought that you should have talked to someone about their relationship with Jesus Christ and yet felt ashamed to bring it up? Have you ever been embarrassed to point out what the Bible says about something that comes up in conversation? This has happened to every follower of Jesus at one time or another. Maybe it is not so much a shame of Christ, but a fear of being rejected.

However, never forget what the Bible says about Jesus:

Isaiah 53:3 He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief: and we hid as it were our faces from him; he was despised, and we esteemed him not.

John 15:18-19 If the world hate you, ye know that it hated me before it hated you. 19 If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you.

John 17:14 I have given them thy word; and the world hath hated them, because they are not of the world, even as I am not of the world.

The world hates Jesus, his word and his followers. To follow Jesus means rejection in this world. Paul knew this and he declared:

Romans 1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

Don't be ashamed of Jesus or the gospel. Pray for boldness to proclaim his word. When people hear the message of the gospel, they can be saved if they will only believe. You can be a trumpet for the goodness and love of God. Don't be silent!

In Christ,
Rody