Job 23:12 Neither have I gone back from the commandment of his lips; I have esteemed the words of his mouth more than my necessary food.

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

When they shall have finished their testimony

Bible Reading: Revelation 11

Revelation 11:7 And when they shall have finished their testimony, the beast that ascendeth out of the bottomless pit shall make war against them, and shall overcome them, and kill them.

The two witnesses have a specific task and it lasts for a specific period of time. They cannot be hurt until they have accomplished their task. When their task is over, the beast is able to kill them.

The apostle Paul was also conscience of a specific purpose that he was to accomplish. At one point, he was ready to depart and be with Christ, but it was not time yet.

Philippians 1:21-25 For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain. 22 But if I live in the flesh, this is the fruit of my labour: yet what I shall choose I wot not. 23 For I am in a strait betwixt two, having a desire to depart, and to be with Christ; which is far better: 24 Nevertheless to abide in the flesh is more needful for you. 25 And having this confidence, I know that I shall abide and continue with you all for your furtherance and joy of faith.

Jesus told Paul he had a mission before him. He had to complete his mission before he could depart and be with Christ.

If you are a follower of Christ, he has a specific purpose for your life. He wants to glorify himself in you. He wants to transform your character and he wants to bring others to faith through your witness.

Do you live with that sense of purpose? Do you know that God has you here for a reason?

Ephesians 2:10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

God has good works that he has before ordained that we walk in them. So many people go through life with no sense of purpose. They have little direction and are simply living for themselves. To live with purpose is to live being led by the Holy Spirit.

Both Paul and the two witnesses had a purpose and that purpose was to give testimony to the truth of Jesus Christ. Paul said in his last days:

2 Timothy 4:6-7 For I am now ready to be offered, and the time of my departure is at hand. 7 I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith.

He fought the good fight, finished his course, and kept the faith. Let's focus on God's purpose for our lives. We are invincible until it is our time to depart and be with Christ!

In Christ,
Rody