Job 23:12 Neither have I gone back from the commandment of his lips; I have esteemed the words of his mouth more than my necessary food.

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

I MUST Preach the Kingdom of God


Bible Reading: Luke 4

Luke 4:42-43 And when it was day, he departed and went into a desert place: and the people sought him, and came unto him, and stayed him, that he should not depart from them. And he said unto them, I must preach the kingdom of God to other cities also: for therefore am I sent.

Jesus stayed focused during his earthly ministry.  The healing and preaching he did appealed to many and they wanted him to stay with them.  They did not want him to leave.  But he stayed focused on his mission.  I MUST preach the kingdom of God.  If we would learn from the example of Jesus, we MUST preach the kingdom of God!  The salvation of men is the focus of the Christian in the church age.  We know the One whose name is above every name and in whom is salvation.  Men MUST be saved so we MUST preach Jesus!

Acts 4:12 Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

Jesus knew exactly what his mission was and he said that was the reason he was SENT.

John 6:38-40 For I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me. And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day. And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.

Jesus was sent by the Father with a purpose.  He did not allow anything to take his focus off of that purpose.  We are sent with a purpose as well!

John 20:21 Then said Jesus to them again, Peace be unto you: as my Father hath sent me, even so send I you.

We are SENT with the same purpose that Jesus was sent with.
Romans 10:13-15 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved. How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher? And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things!
What is drawing your attention away from the purpose of the kingdom of God?  We are SENT and we MUST preach.

In Christ,
Rody