Job 23:12 Neither have I gone back from the commandment of his lips; I have esteemed the words of his mouth more than my necessary food.

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Early will I seek thee

Bible Reading: Psalms 17; 35; 54 & 63

Psalms 63:1

A Psalm of David, when he was in the wilderness of Judah.

O God, thou art my God; early will I seek thee: my soul thirsteth for thee, my flesh longeth for thee in a dry and thirsty land, where no water is.


Psalms 63:6 When I remember thee upon my bed, and meditate on thee in the night watches.

David was running from Saul and living in the wilderness. He was a wanted man by the king who should have been his friend. He was in a place that could easily cause incredible anxiety for anyone. Yet, he knew where to look for help and comfort.

David began and ended his day with a conversation with the Lord. David knew what it was to be thirsty from living in the wilderness of Judah. He wanted God like his body longed for water in the heat of the desert. Do you long for God like that? Do you thirst for him? Is he the first thought of your day and the last meditation before you drift off to sleep?

The testimony from Scripture is that David longed for God. He did not long for 'ministry'. He did not long for the things that God would give him. He longed for God. David did not use God to get what he wanted. David wanted God. He wanted a relationship with him. He wanted to know him and walk with God and talk with God.

This is what we should all long for. Jesus said:

John 17:3 And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

To know Jesus is eternal life. What do you long for? Is it God's blessing? Is it what God could do for you? Or is it to know Jesus?

Is your soul thirsty?


In Christ,
Rody