Job 23:12 Neither have I gone back from the commandment of his lips; I have esteemed the words of his mouth more than my necessary food.

Friday, January 6, 2012

I will trust in him

Bible Reading: Job 10-13 Job 13:15 Though he slay me, yet will I trust in him: but I will maintain mine own ways before him. Job had a true and good faith in God. There was no attitude of entitlement with Job in his relationship with God. Job did not serve God for what he could get from him. This is actually the point of Job. God proved to Satan, to all the host of heaven and all of mankind that when a man belongs to God, he is his. Take all that Job has and he will still trust God. Satan did not believe it. Satan had a prosperity theology. He thought Job trusted God because of what God gave to him and did for him. God knew different. When it came down to it, Job said it did not matter what happened to him, he would trust in the Lord. Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths. We are to trust in the Lord with all our heart. Not a half-hearted kind of 'pray-when-you-are-in-trouble' kind of faith. We need to be like Job in that he trusted God no matter what. Yes he had questions and he did not like what was happening, but he still trusted God. You and I do not have to have all the answers. We know that Jesus is good. John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. True faith trusts God because you believe his Word. He promised to save us and keep us. Will you trust God - no matter what? In Christ, Rody