Job 23:12 Neither have I gone back from the commandment of his lips; I have esteemed the words of his mouth more than my necessary food.

Thursday, May 13, 2010

God is my salvation

Bible Reading: Numbers 22; Psalms 62-63; Isaiah 11-12; James 5

Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and not be afraid: for the LORD JEHOVAH is my strength and my song; he also is become my salvation. Therefore with joy shall ye draw water out of the wells of salvation. (Isaiah 12:2-3)

Isaiah in his great prophecy looks forward to a day yet future for the people of Israel when the Gentiles will be called unto the Lord. In this day the earth shall be full of the knowledge of the LORD, as the waters cover the sea (Isaiah 11:9b). Here he cries out God is my salvation. What does it mean to be saved? Who needs to be saved? Isaiah knew that all men need to be saved. Do you know God as your salvation?

Isaiah tells us what the person who knows God as his salvation will do – I will trust and not be afraid. God is absolutely trustworthy and has never broken a promise. He never will! Isaiah declares that the LORD JEHOVAH is his strength and his song. Do you know the LORD JEHOVAH as your strength? Is he the source of strength for all that you do? Has he put a song in your heart so that you sing of your Redeemer?

If we could speak Hebrew we would see that the name of Jesus is used twice in this Scripture! The word translated 'salvation' is the Hebrew word Y@shuw. It would be pronounced Yesh-oo-aw. That is the name of Jesus! His name means 'salvation'. Has he become your salvation?

Drawing water out of the well of salvation is a wonderful description of the blessed Holy Spirit that God has given to us.

In the last day, that great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried, saying, If any man thirst, let him come unto me, and drink. He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water. (But this spake he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive: for the Holy Ghost was not yet given; because that Jesus was not yet glorified.) (John 7:37-39)

Only a thirsty man wants a drink of water. Only a desperate man wants to be saved. Are you thirsty? You can come to Jesus and drink the living water he has. Not only that, but when you believe on him you will become a well of living water as the Holy Spirit flows out of you to others with the salvation of Jesus Christ.

Jesus is the LORD JEHOVAH! They are one and you can trust him!

In Christ,

Rody