Job 23:12 Neither have I gone back from the commandment of his lips; I have esteemed the words of his mouth more than my necessary food.

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Because thou hast set thine heart as the heart of God

Bible Reading: Ezekiel 28-31

Ezekiel 28:6-7 Therefore thus saith the Lord God; Because thou hast set thine heart as the heart of God; 7 Behold, therefore I will bring strangers upon thee, the terrible of the nations: and they shall draw their swords against the beauty of thy wisdom, and they shall defile thy brightness.

The kings of Tyre and Egypt were inspired by Satan. The Bible tells us that the king of Tyre claimed to be a god.

Ezekiel 28:2 Son of man, say unto the prince of Tyrus, Thus saith the Lord God; Because thine heart is lifted up, and thou hast said, I am a God, I sit in the seat of God, in the midst of the seas; yet thou art a man, and not God, though thou set thine heart as the heart of God:

However, God used this king to describe the fall of Satan.

Ezekiel 28:16 By the multitude of thy merchandise they have filled the midst of thee with violence, and thou hast sinned: therefore I will cast thee as profane out of the mountain of God: and I will destroy thee, O covering cherub, from the midst of the stones of fire.

The Pharaoh of Egypt also saw himself as a god. God once again used the language of Satan to describe him.

Ezekiel 29:3 Speak, and say, Thus saith the Lord God; Behold, I am against thee, Pharaoh king of Egypt, the great dragon that lieth in the midst of his rivers, which hath said, My river is mine own, and I have made it for myself.

We know that in the Bible, Satan is described as the dragon.

Revelation 12:9 And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

Why would God use the language of Satan to describe earthly kings? Because they saw themselves as gods. They bought the lie of Satan and would not acknowledge the reality of their Creator. They had no need for a redeemer. They wanted to be god.

This is a great offense to God. We must bow the knee to Jesus and acknowledge that he alone is God and the one true King!

In Christ,
Rody