Job 23:12 Neither have I gone back from the commandment of his lips; I have esteemed the words of his mouth more than my necessary food.

Monday, July 30, 2012

It shall not return unto me void

Bible Reading: Isaiah 54-58

Isaiah 55:8-11 For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord. 9 For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts. 10 For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater: 11 So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.

It is tempting, but we dare not impose on God our own way of thinking. His thoughts are higher than ours and so are his ways. God has a plan and it is intricate. We would never come up with such a plan because his thoughts are higher than the heavens. Instead of imposing our thoughts on him, we should seek him to gain knowledge and be led in the way he wants us to go.

God's thoughts bring about God's ways and his ways are stated in his Word. He speaks and it happens. Sometimes it happens immediately. Sometimes it happens after delay, but always according to his timing.

God says his Word is like the moisture from the sky. It has an effect upon the earth. Sometimes it is like a spring or summer rain. It falls and you can almost immediately see it's effects. Grass grows, flowers bloom and buds pop out on the trees. Sometimes, God's Word is like the snow of winter. It falls and there is no immediate effect, but when the longer days of Spring come, then the life-giving moisture brings about the growth.

The point is that God's Word will not return void or empty. It will accomplish the purpose of God. You can trust his Word. When you read your Bible you must know that it will come to pass. Sometimes it will happen quickly. Sometimes you will read of something that is for the future, but always know it will come to pass. It will prosper in the thing that God sent it forth to do!

In Christ,
Rody