Job 23:12 Neither have I gone back from the commandment of his lips; I have esteemed the words of his mouth more than my necessary food.

Friday, July 15, 2011

We look for the Savior


Bible Reading: Philippians 3

Philippians 3:20-21 For our conversation is in heaven; from whence also we look for the Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ: Who shall change our vile body, that it may be fashioned like unto his glorious body, according to the working whereby he is able even to subdue all things unto himself.

When you trust in Jesus Christ, you become a son of God.

John 1:12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name.

As sons of God, we are children of the King.  This means that our nationality is that of heaven, not this earth.  Now, we are living as strangers and pilgrims here at this time.  This world is not our home.  Because of our change of identity, we live looking forward to the coming of our Savior, Jesus Christ.  The blessed hope of the child of God is the promise of Jesus to come again and get us.

Titus 2:13 Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ.

John 14:1-3 Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me. In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

At the moment of his return for the church, our bodies will be changed and they will be like his glorious body!  This is our hope as believers.  We live looking forward to meeting Jesus and having our bodies changed into a glorious, resurrection body like his!

1 John 3:2 Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.

Do you live looking for the Savior?  That is what a Christian is to look forward to.  He is coming again!

In Christ,
Rody