Job 23:12 Neither have I gone back from the commandment of his lips; I have esteemed the words of his mouth more than my necessary food.

Friday, March 12, 2010

The Simplicity that is in Christ

Bible Reading: Exodus 23; Job 41; John 2; 2 Corinthians 11

2 Corinthians 11:2-3 For I am jealous over you with godly jealousy: for I have espoused you to one husband, that I may present you as a chaste virgin to Christ. 3 But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ.

A walk with Jesus Christ is not a complex thing. It is a simple faith in the living Lord that saves us and it is a simple faith in Jesus in which we stand and walk. The apostle was concerned for the Corinthian believers. He saw them as a father would his virgin daughter and he wanted them to remain faithful and pure for Jesus – the Bridegroom. Do you see yourself as the bride of Christ? You are a part of that bride if you have trusted in Jesus Christ! You are espoused to him and he has gone to prepare a place for you. He will come again and receive you to himself!

John 14:3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

But, like the very first bride in the Garden of Eden, there is a vile enemy that wants to seduce you into following him instead of God. Satan is always trying to deceive and lie. He wants you to doubt the goodness and faithfulness of God. He wants you to listen to his word instead of God's. You must keep your eyes fixed on Jesus and listen to his word! You cannot listen to the deceiving Serpent – he will lead you away from Christ.

What then is the simplicity that is in Christ? It is this – a love relationship. Jesus loves me, this I know, for the Bible tells me so. Even a young child can trust in Jesus and be saved.

Matthew 18:3 And said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven.

Satan will make things complex. He will point you toward elaborate religious systems and rituals. Jesus says, "Follow me." Jesus says, "He who hath ears to hear, let him hear." Jesus says, "Believe on me." Eternal life is a relationship with Jesus.

John 17:3 And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

Do you know him? Do you walk with him?

In Christ,

Rody