Job 23:12 Neither have I gone back from the commandment of his lips; I have esteemed the words of his mouth more than my necessary food.

Sunday, March 21, 2010

Hear instruction and be wise

Bible Reading: Exodus 32; Proverbs 8; John 11; Ephesians 1

Proverbs 8:32-33 Now therefore hearken unto me, O ye children: for blessed are they that keep my ways. 33 Hear instruction, and be wise, and refuse it not.

Proverbs chapter eight is the cry of wisdom. The wisdom of God calls out to us to listen and pronounces a blessing upon those who keep the ways of wisdom. Just as Jesus told the story of the two men who built their houses, wisdom is only as good as our obedience! To hear and ignore is foolishness. To hear and obey is wisdom (Matthew 7:24-27). Wisdom comes into our lives by the ear! Hearken unto me! Hear instruction! We must listen to the Word of God. This is the source of wisdom. Unfortunately, we can hear and refuse to obey the voice of wisdom. Many have chosen this path, but God promises destruction on this path.

Proverbs 1:24-31 Because I have called, and ye refused; I have stretched out my hand, and no man regarded; 25 But ye have set at nought all my counsel, and would none of my reproof: 26 I also will laugh at your calamity; I will mock when your fear cometh; 27 When your fear cometh as desolation, and your destruction cometh as a whirlwind; when distress and anguish cometh upon you. 28 Then shall they call upon me, but I will not answer; they shall seek me early, but they shall not find me: 29 For that they hated knowledge, and did not choose the fear of the LORD: 30 They would none of my counsel: they despised all my reproof. 31 Therefore shall they eat of the fruit of their own way, and be filled with their own devices.

We must be careful to listen to the voice of wisdom and heed the call!

Proverbs 8:34-35 Blessed is the man that heareth me, watching daily at my gates, waiting at the posts of my doors. 35 For whoso findeth me findeth life, and shall obtain favour of the LORD.

Do you watch daily at the gates of wisdom? Do you wait daily for the opportunity to hear what Jesus has to say to you for that day? Do you want to find life and favor from the Lord? Then you must hear the voice of wisdom!

Mark 13:37 [Jesus said]
And what I say unto you I say unto all, Watch.

Do you have a time each day when you get your Bible and get alone with God to watch and wait for his Word to speak to you?

Proverbs 8:36 But he that sinneth against me wrongeth his own soul: all they that hate me love death.

To sin against wisdom is to wrong your own soul. You neglect the Word of God to your own peril! Don't love death! Love God and get wisdom!

In Christ,

Rody