Job 23:12 Neither have I gone back from the commandment of his lips; I have esteemed the words of his mouth more than my necessary food.

Tuesday, November 13, 2012

The truth

Bible Reading: Luke 23; John 18-19

John 18:37 Pilate therefore said unto him, Art thou a king then? Jesus answered, Thou sayest that I am a king. To this end was I born, and for this cause came I into the world, that I should bear witness unto the truth. Every one that is of the truth heareth my voice.

Pilate wanted to know if Jesus was a king.  Yes, this is why he was born and this is why he came into this world.  Everything that Jesus said and did was the truth.  The world was, and is, so influenced by the father of the lie, Satan, that many in it did not recognize the truth.

Do you know the truth?  You do if you know Jesus.  He is the truth.  If you hear his voice, you hear truth.  If not, you are still believing a lie.  Just think of how many people in the world are believing a lie.  There are millions who do not know Jesus.  They don't know the One who is the truth.  Thier faith is based on a lie.

It could be the lie of evolution.  It could be the lie that life on earth was planted here by some alien race.  It could be the lie of Islam or the lie of buddhism.  It could be the lie of just plain ole' American good-ole'-boyism.  If you don't hear Jesus' voice, you are listening to a lie.

Get out your Bible and hear the voice of Jesus.  He is the truth!

In Christ,
Rody